This guide provides a
brief overview of the Fire Learning Network and its related programs—the Fire Adapted Communities (FAC) Learning Network, Prescribed Fire Training Exchanges (TREX) and Scaling-up to Promote Ecosystem Resiliency
(SPER) targeted implementation projects.
The individual pages and sections are designed to be usable as stand-alone fact sheets. For a print-resolution version or individual sheets without page numbers, contact Liz Rank (lrank @ tnc.org).
Links to previous editions of the Field Guide can be found at the bottom of the page.
This most recent edition of the Field Guide (January 2016) includes:
- a three-page
introduction to the FLN and related efforts;
- a map of all four efforts;
- fact sheets for 13 regional FLNs and large landscape collaboratives;
- a two-page introduction to the FAC Learning Network;
- fact sheets for 16 FAC Learning Network member organizations and three state-wide efforts;
- a two-page overview of TREX and the nine events held in 2015;
- a one-page summary of the five SPER II projects;
- indexes that cross-reference FLN landscapes by partner type, expertise, threatened &
endangered species, and invasive species; and
- indexes that cross-reference FAC hubs by actions, strategies and outreach efforts.
Links to previous editions:
Learning Networks Field Guide (January 2015)
FLN Field Guide (November 2014) -- note: this is also included in the expanded January 2015 Field Guide
FLN Field Guide (March 2012)
FLN Field Guide (2010 Addendum)
USFLN Field Guide (2009)
USFLN Field Guide (2008)
USFLN Field Guide (2007)