Welcome to the Nature Conservancy’s Conservation Gateway. The Gateway is a website for the conservation practitioner, scientist and decision-maker. Here we share the best and most up-to-date information we use to inform our conservation work. The Nature Conservancy does not work in isolation. We work with an extensive network of formal and informal partners to make progress on conservation challenges globally. Therefore, this body of work does not represent TNC’s efforts alone but the organizational knowledge that comes from the sum of the experiences we have had through our history and in collaboration with our partners.
For more detail read our Fact Sheet or download and share it with others
The Gateway contains a rich library of documents on a variety of topics. You can find
- how-to information from our most established planning methodologies and strategies
- case studies that illustrate lessons learned from the practice of conservation
- example documents you can use and adapt for your own purposes
- publications and reports on scientific findings on conservation topics
- links to relevent web-based tools
- announcements about the latest news, trainings, product releases, funding opportunities, etc.
- newsletters and issue archives
The Gateway is organized into three main sections. In the Conservation Planning section you will find information on conservation planning and adaptive management. Look for our well established methodologies plus new ideas in planning. You will also gain access to the data and tools useful for all types of conservation planning efforts. In the Conservation Practices section, we share information by popular conservation topics such as Ecosystem Services or Freshwater Conservation. This area will grow to include additional topics over time. The latest Conservation by Geography section highlights our work in four primary regions - Africa, Asia Pacific, Latin America, North America - with significant content coming in each area.
How to make this site work for you
- Navigate through our web pages to give valuable context to the documents available in the library.
- Our Find Resources box, located throughout the site, allows you to query the library with parameters you define.
- Search the library using key words or our extensive filters to get increasing specific search results.
- Read the most recent Posts and contribute to the conversation using the comment feature.
Our goal is to provide you with the information you need to make the most informed conservation decisions possible. If you have suggestions on how we can improve the site to better accomplish this, please let us know.